It's hard to believe that tomorrow our baby boy will be 4 weeks old!
It's also hard to believe that it's been that long since I updated this thing! Sorry to everyone for holding out on you. While two kids isn't complete chaos, it is a lot more time consuming than having just one.
So, here are some pictures starting at the hospital and ending with a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend. Enjoy!
Exactly 41 weeks pregnant and ready to head to the hospital!
When we got to the hospital, I was shaking I was so nervous. I had gone into labor with Gracie on my own, so I had no idea what to expect with an induction. Um, can you say fabulous? Induction is totally the way to go! I think I was in pain for a total of 10 minutes the entire day. The worst part was getting the IV!
It's also hard to believe that it's been that long since I updated this thing! Sorry to everyone for holding out on you. While two kids isn't complete chaos, it is a lot more time consuming than having just one.
So, here are some pictures starting at the hospital and ending with a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend. Enjoy!
When we got to the hospital, I was shaking I was so nervous. I had gone into labor with Gracie on my own, so I had no idea what to expect with an induction. Um, can you say fabulous? Induction is totally the way to go! I think I was in pain for a total of 10 minutes the entire day. The worst part was getting the IV!
They prepped me to push, and 10 minutes later, Jack came into the world!
10 lbs 5 oz. 21 3/4 in. long
Here is our newborn baby boy being checked out by the nurse. I still can't believe how big he was!!
Check out the note taped next to his crib card:
We brought Baby Boy home on Wednesday, November 11, and this wonderfulness greeted us when we got there:
The look on her face when we pulled the blanket off the carseat was absolutely priceless! She had the biggest grin on her face and she yelled "Ooh! Baby!" Her next move was to try and give him his paci (even though he was completely fine without it).
He was so afraid she would squeeze him to death...
The week of Thanksgiving, we made the trek to Columbia to visit my side of the family. On Wednesday, Chad spent the day meeting our new tenants to sign a lease (YAY!) and visiting old friends at Carolina's practice, and I got to spend the day introducing Jack to family and friends.
Wednesday night, Amy stopped by with her baby boy, Watson, to meet Jack.
Amy's little girl, Emory, is 4 months older than Gracie, and when she told me she was pregnant again last January, we joked about how I must not be far behind. Talk about eating your words...Watson's gender was also a suprise when he was born in September, so we were SO excited when we both had boys! How fun it will be to watch our baby girls and baby boys grow up together :o)
Thanksgiving Thursday started off with the annual viewing of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and breakfast fixed by Mom and Gracie. We had such a great day relaxing with family, eating yummy food, and watching LOTS of football on TV!
On Friday morning, some sweet friends took me out for a post-baby brunch at Vera's Veranda in Lexington. We had such a nice time catching up, and they "showered" us with lovely gifts for Baby Boy.
Friday was also Chad's birthday, so we packed up the whole family and met friends at D's Wings to celebrate over dinner.
Do you think he looks a little bit like his Daddy?
Saturday we watched the Gamecocks beat up on the Tigers and just hung out around the house.


2 comments:
How come having 2 is mass chaos me and not you?!?!? I'm jealous! He is absolutely adorable and I'm so glad I got to cuddle him last week (although I'm sad I didn't get to this weekend!) and we can't wait to visit again. Send me the pics of the boys...yours are better than mine. :) Love you!
I loved reading and looking at the sweet pictures of you and your family!! We cannot wait to meet Jack! (I'm a little jealous my mom met him before I did...by the way she absolutely loved meeting y'all!!)
Post a Comment