Sunday, October 17, 2010

The South Carolina State Fair

YES, I know a post is looooong overdue.
I am going to start by posting about yesterday....I will play catch-up intermittently as I can.
(Also, some of these pictures are sideways...I swear I turned them before I uploaded, but who knows...)

This weekend, we were lucky enough to get to spend some time in Columbia with Grammy and Papa.
Saturday morning was beautiful, and we took full advantage of the nice weather by venturing out to the SC State Fair.

The last time I was at the fair I was pregnant.  With Gracie.  Really, really pregnant.
AND really, really hungry.  
Let's just say people probably people watched ME.

Anyways!

The kiddos were super-excited to be there...At least Jack was...

Gracie immediately wanted to ride the merry-go-round...


 And the train...


 And the mini-roller coaster...
I joined her on this one.  I think she liked the "idea" of it much more than the actual ride!


We also checked out the swings...


 This one was taken after the Dizzy Dragons.
Let's just say the little boys who rode with us took the word "dizzy" to the extreme...


Once we had exhausted all of our ride tickets, it was off to the livestock pavilions.
Gracie got to pet a bunny....


 A REAL llama...
(Anyone who knows Llama Llama knows exactly how exciting this is!)


She pet the whole menagerie before coming across the Piece de Resistance....
A real elephant you could RIDE on!
(I may or may not have been more excited than G was about the elephant.  I mean, come on, have YOU ever ridden one?)


 Jack stuck to the more tame fair fodder, like the stationary John Deere.
You would have thought it was moving for how excited he got!


I, of course, couldn't leave the fair without consuming a deep fried Snickers bar.
Don't knock it till you've tried it!
(As an aside,  before we left we consumed 4 Otis Spunkenmeyer cookies, one order of fried mushrooms, three gyros, one jumbo lemonade, two ice cream cones, and the fried candy bar.  Judge if you'd like.  It was delicious!)


By naptime, we were all exhausted, but we snapped one more picture before heading home.
We had an absolute blast, and Gracie is already talking about going back next year.
Thanks Grammy and Papa for a fun-filled fair morning!

2 comments:

Mary Beth said...

great pics and finally an update!
The fair is so much fun.

Amy said...

So glad y'all had fun, but we missed seeing you guys! My phone has been acting wacky and I've been missing a ton of calls, so sorry! I'm crossing my fingers you'll be back in town for a few days around Thanksgiving and we'll finally get to hang out. Love you all!!!