Thursday, May 6, 2010

Mommy's Little Gentleman

Jack {finally} got his ears lowered!

Let me begin by explaining that his hair was growing very randomly.
It was really long on top and around the ears.
It was peach fuzz at his temples and on the back of his head.
In short, it was weird.

SO, after much heated dicussion, we decided it was time to trim his little mop top.

Before


During
 (I would like it to be known that I was the master barber.  I was also, unfortunately, the photographer, and I just couldn't figure out how to do both at the same time...)


After

What a little gentleman!!

We trimmed it close around the ears and just evened it out on top.
I have a little baggie full of baby hairs.
I was totally emotional over the fact that I had just chopped off all the hair he was born with.
It just felt like such a big step towards him growing up.

BUT, he looks so darn cute!
(Now I have even more reason to want to eat him up.  As if I needed more reasons...)


Between the haircut, his new ability to sit unassisted, and a tooth that is slowly creeping out, I feel like I suddenly have such a big boy!
(Can you hear my heart breaking?)

Now that I've had a good cry, let's have a good laugh....


For some reason, this picture just makes me giggle :o)

The Staggs family has a fun-filled weekend planned, and I can't wait to share with you when we get home!
Happy Friday!!

3 comments:

kpuza said...

Jack looks so happy with his new haircut! Like he knows he no longer looks like he's wearing a bad toupee. YAY!

aliciahickey said...

Aww! His hair looks so good. I didn't think it looked bad before, but now that it's cut it's obvious that it looks SO much better! I don't think anyone could mistake him for a girl, even if he wears another dress ;)

Brooke said...

Your children are adorable!