Sunday, November 30, 2008

Happy Birthday Gracie Lou!

OK-So I'm a month late and a dollar short, but I am finally posting some pictures of Gracie Lou's birthday. I still can't believe that my sweet little girl is already one. She has brought so much joy and meaning to our lives in the 12 (now 13) months she has been with us. Everything everyone ever tells you about having children is true. She is truly the light of my life.

Her birthday party was held on Sunday, November 2 at my parents' house in Columbia (Thank you Grammy and Poppa!). Approximately 40 people dropped by, and we had a blast! Here are a few of my favorite pictures.


Before everyone got there, Uncle JJ and Miss Silke gave Gracie a pony. It might not have been a real one, but it was pretty close to size. Gracie had a good time kissing it, but didn't think much of riding it.

Running around outside in her birthday dress. She was obviously the birthday girl!

Climbing back up the front steps. I love this picture.

Waiting on her guests while eating a sucker. Mommy actually broke down and gave her a piece of (highly supervised) candy.

Trying out her new rocking chair that Nana (Chad's grandmother, Gracie's great-grandmother) brought her. The look on her face is so cute!

Opening presents. Gracie, of course, liked the packaging most of all. Now, she is throughly enjoying the actual gifts.

4 generations of Puzas: Gracie, Mommy, Poppa, and Great Grandma.

The priceless face-in-the-cake 1st birthday picture. She was so dainty at first and then she just dove right in!

She came up for air occasionally.

I think she looks so sweet in this picture. She was so funny with the "smash" cake. When she was done she just pushed it away and smiled.

Sharing with Daddy.

Sharing with Mommy.

Gracie, Mommy, Miss Amy, and Emory. Finally a picture with all four of us! Gracie got a little over-excited around Emory and got a little rough. We hope that Miss Amy will let her play with us again. We miss them and love them!

Thank you to everyone who came and helped make this day so special for Gracie and our family. We feel so fortunate to have such amazing friends and family. We missed everyone who couldn't be there, and we hope to see you soon!

2 comments:

Amy said...

awww, I need a copy of that picture for Em's scrapbook! Even though they both look absolutely exhausted, it is precious! Miss you & love you!

Anonymous said...

can you save that dress for Maizeigh's 1st birthday!!!!
Gracie is a DOLL BABY!! I just want to give her a big kiss.