Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Weather Is Here, Wish You Were Beautiful

Greetings from the Lowcountry!!

Warning:
By the time I am done posting about our (2 week!!!) trip to Fripp, you will be thoroughly bored with my monologues and endless pictures of adorable children. 
I will apologize in advance....

So, anyways, we were very excited to finally arrive at our (2 week!!) beach vacation.
The following pictures were taken with various cameras by various people and cover days 1-3.

The Johnson's beautiful house...
(It is seriously gorgeous!  I can only aspire to own a vacation home this nice...)


We arrived on Sunday afternoon, and Gracie wanted to swim in the ocean, so we walked down to the beach...


Where she immediately made some friends (who very generously shared their toys)....


When we came back, the kids spent some time in the hammock...


Jack entertained us with his Woody getup....
(We are more than a little Toy Story obsessed at the moment.  Can't wait to see #3!!)


The next morning Gracie woke up and got in more hammock time with Uncle Nate...
(By this point she had already claimed the hammock as hers.  Everytime someone gets in it without her she tells them to "Get Out.")


Fripp is a wildlife sanctuary, and the deer are very friendly....


Especially when you feed them....


Later Monday afternoon, we took Bub down for his first beach experience.
He loved the water and, of course, loved eating the sand too!
(This reminds me of my very first blogpost which chronicled Gracie's first beach excursion.  I swear that feels like yesterday!)


He (unlike his sister) even allowed us to pose for a family picture...


Gracie loved playing with the boogie board...


Having a deep, philisophical discussion with Alicia...


Filling up her bucket with water....


And using said water to fill up the moat...


All the beach excitement wore Mommy and Daddy out....


Gracie went inside and got a loaf of bread in high hopes that the deer would return...


Grammy and Papa chilled out on the porch swing...


Today we woke up and went to the pool.
Gracie enjoyed multiple trips down the frog slide...
(Check out this post to see how much she has grown since last summer's trip.)


She loves to "fwim"...


Last year the water came up above her bellybutton, and this year it was mid-thigh!
I can't believe how much she's grown...


This afternoon we got manicures...
(G chose "lellow")


And the deer finally returned...


Playing wth Uncle Nate...


Grilling out....


That about wraps up the last three days :o)
We are having an absolute blast and have the tan lines to prove it!

We can't wait until tomorrow when Uncle JJ and Aunt Katie arrive too!

Hope you aren't too bored yet because there's plenty more to come!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Way to rock the bikini, Mama!! I'm so jealous. :( I hope you all have a great time at the beach and (most importantly!) get lots of pictures to blog!
FYI, I just sent out Em's bday invites, but you guys won't be home to get it. Her party is July 9th...if you're in town, bring the kiddos over! Love you!

elaine said...

Mimi never gets bored with pictures of the most adorable babies in the world,or their very good beautiful mom and handsom dad. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY

elaine said...

More picture's please. I miss you all. love you